The following is intended to help newcomers navigate our website.
This will be your first view of the Maidenhead u3a website after you have entered www.maidenheadu3a.org.uk into your browser. Here you will see the most recent News and Notices posts.
Login Status (panel on the right) will show your status as Visitor, giving you access to most of the site. Registered Members of Maidenhead u3a will see additional options after logging in.
A key navigation component is the horizontal ‘accordion’ menu, just below the website image; this provides access to the many pages of information. In some cases there are sub-menu items to help you reach related pages quicker.
Let’s take a look at the menu options…
- The HOME page provides a short welcome with 2 sub-options:
- NEWS – Full list of News posts.
- NOTICES – Full list of Notice posts.
- Under ABOUT there are 4 sub-options:
- ABOUT U3A – An introduction to the u3a movement and Maidenhead u3a.
- ABOUT THIS SITE – This page!
- ABOUT INTEREST GROUPS – A list of our Interest Groups. A filter and search side menu enables you to narrow your choices
- COMMITTEE – All u3a are run autonomously with their own committee. Here you can meet the Maidenhead team.
- Under EVENTS you will find 3 categories:
- MONTHLY MEETINGS – Learn more about our monthly meetings and what’s coming up. Open to all and a good time to meet fellow members.
- OUTINGS – Details of our coach outings (open to all members).
- THEATRE TRIPS – Details of Theatre Trips (open to all members).
- TVN – Details of TVN Study days with a calendar of forthcoming events.
- INTEREST GROUPS provides details of our groups. Here it is possible to see the monthly schedule, times and venues of our groups. A Filter and Search menu on the right helps you to restrict the display to groups that suit your interest area, availability and more.
- Clicking on an Interest Group will take you to a detail page where you can find out more about the specific Interest Group. If you have Logged In you will be able to see contact details for the Group convener. On the right of most Interest Group pages you will see a diary specific to that Group. Hovering your mouse over the diary entry will display additional information in some cases.
- CALENDAR shows all Group meetings and other Events. The initial view looks rather busy but there are many ways to simplify the calendar:
- Select a specific Category (Groups, Monthly Meetings, Outings, TVN) to reduce the number of entries.
- Select one or more Interest Groups, under Tags, to those of interest.
- Select an alternative view, such as Agenda, from the drop down menu in top right hand corner.
- Hovering the mouse over a diary entry will display more details, where they exist. You can also click on the entry for a full page view.
- CONTACT US – Provides a form enabling you to contact committee members.
Visitors (including Members who have not Logged In)
- JOIN US – Provides instructions for non-members wishing to join Maidenhead u3a.
- LOG IN – Provides a Log In panel. There are also 4 sub-menu options:
- FORGOTTEN PASSWORD
- FORGOTTEN USER NAME
- REGISTER – Allows existing Maidenhead u3a members to register for full web access
- RENEWAL – Provides access to Annual Renewal Form
Logged in Members
- MEMBERS provides access to additional pages, which will develop with time.
- LOG OUT – Hopefully self-explanatory.